Sunday, April 29, 2012

Over the moon? Definitely.

Tonight I got my first look at the moon through my scope. It was spectacular. Seeing something that you think you know so well in such a different light is amazing. You can see every crater, every sea, every hill.

I even managed to get a semi-decent shot by holding my camera up to the eyepiece. 


This is the view through the 25mm ep. The view through the 10mm was brilliant too, but unfortunately I couldn't get a decent shot through it... I need to work on my afocal imaging...

But I've found an old webcam that I don't use anymore, so I'm going to attempt to modify it for planetary imaging in the next few weeks! 

The best part of tonight though, was my Dads reaction. It took a bit of coaxing to get him to come outside for a look, but he was blown away by the view. His exact words were 'Oh good Jesus, I didn't think you'd be able to see that!' Delighted!

Astronomy is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment