Saturday, April 7, 2012

Star Trails!

My telescope arrived!!!!

And I accidentally let the clouds out when I opened the box so I haven't had a chance to take it out yet... but I'm working on a review that I'll post once I get a good nights viewing.

So in the meantime, I thought I'd post my first ever attempt at any kind of astrophotography, star trails. I took this about a year ago as part of my Project 365. I had no idea what I was doing, basically just aimed at the sky and crossed my fingers, but I quite like how it came out!


Orion's Belt is visible in the centre and the sword is just below that. You can even see a distinct difference in colour between the red-orange Betelguese and the blue-white Bellatrix, the left and right shoulders of Orion.

I'd love to get to a decent dark sky sight and try this properly... 

No comments:

Post a Comment